Not-so-far Excursion - Log 001

 25 Jan 3309


The Colonia trip has so far been more challenging than expected. My FSD was taking a beating like a passerby in a Maelstrom so I had to find a port for repairs. Ended up in a little place called Eudaemon Anchorage in Rohini.


It wasn't too far out of my way and there seems to be a fair mining trade going on if I'm ever back this way in the rock smasher. All in all, not a bad little camp for a backwater system I guess. Not as inspiring as arriving in Colonia without the detour but manageable considering the current state of ..well, basically everything. I don't like that I couldn't make it without the need for civilization. That's going to eat at my pride for a while but who needs pride? I'm managing without sleep or food or any sense of safety. This must be what they mean by "the new normal".


I swapped out the two scarabs for a grade 4 AFMS in hopes to solve the neutron/frame-shift drive issue. Not sure what to do  when or if I run across some good exo-botanicals. I suppose I'll leave a trail of breadcrumbs and slink back this way to collect eventually. The system data paid out fairly well on it's own but not like these people would have paid for some decent bio samples. It's a popular trend now. My guess is that these smaller systems would jump at the chance to put themselves on the map. You know, with the exception of the pirate havens. Not many of those along the route but I've seen a few and didn't waste enough time to find out if they're friendly or not.


I have my doubts the scientific discoveries are related at all to the 'goids. Like any new thing, there's money in the new and less of it as things get normalized. Seems like a cash grab if you ask me. but no one did.


I'll take a look at my loadout again tomorrow. May as well do a little shopping and get some rest while I'm here. Can't believe Frontier and Pioneer set up stores this far out. maybe I'll get lucky and find a deal. -Zeb

Comments

Popular Posts